The engineer shall take charge of the engineering office and shall:
- Initiate, review and recommend changes in policies and objectives, plans and programs, techniques, procedures and practices in infrastructure development and public works in general of the local government unit concerned;
- Advise the governor or mayor, as the case may be, on infrastructure, public works, and other engineering matters;
- Administer, coordinate, supervise, and control the construction, maintenance, improvement, and repair of roads, bridges, and other engineering and public works projects of the local government unit concerned;
- Provide engineering services to the local government unit concerned, including investigation and survey, engineering designs, feasibility studies, and project management;
- In the case of the provincial engineer, exercise technical supervision over all engineering offices of component cities and municipalities; and
- Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.