Duties and Functions:
- Approve ordinances and pass resolutions necessary for an efficient and effective municipal government;
- Generate and maximize the use of resources and revenues for the development plans, program objectives and priorities of the municipality as provided in Section 18 of the Local Government Code of 1991with particular attention to agro-industrial development and countryside growth and progress;
- Grant franchises, enact ordinances authorizing the issuance of permits or licenses, or enact ordinances levying taxes, fees and charges upon such conditions and for such purposes intended to promote the general welfare of the inhabitants of the municipality;
- Regulate activities relative to the use of land, buildings and infrastructure within the municipality in order to promote the general welfare of the constituents;
- Approve ordinances which shall ensure the efficient and effective delivery of the basic services and facilities provided under Section 17 of the Local Government Code of 1991;
- Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as maybe prescribed by law or ordinances.