Duties and Functions:
- Attend meetings of the sanggunian and keep a journal of its proceedings;
- Keep the seal of the local government unit and affix the same with his signature to all ordinances, resolutions and other official acts of the sanggunian and present the same to the presiding office for his signature;
- Forward to the mayor for approval copies of the ordinances enacted by the sanggunian and duly certified by the presiding officer;
- Record and keep all ordinances and resolutions enacted or adopted by the sanggunian;
- Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as maybe prescribed by law or ordinances.